NuGet 1.1 and 1.0 Release Notes
This document contains the release notes for the various releases of NuGet 1.0 grouped according to major preview release.
NuGet includes the following components:
- NuGet.Tools.vsix - which consists of:
Add Library Package Dialog - Dialog within Visual Studio used to browse and install packages.
Package Manager Console - Powershell based console within Visual Studio.
- NuGet Command Line Tool - Tool used to create (and eventually publish) packages.
The NuGet Tools Visual Studio Extension (NuGet.Tools.vsix) requires:
- Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Web Developer 2010 Express.
The NuGet Command Line Tool requires:
To use this latest release:
The list of issues fixed in this release can be found here.
NuGet 1.0 RTM
One issue was fixed for RTM since the RC.
The following are the changes made in this Release Candidate since CTP 2. Visit the Issue Tracker to see the full list of bugs.
The following are the most significant changes made in CTP 2:
- Switched the package feed from ATOM to an OData service endpoint: If you upgrade to the CTP2 version of NuGet, be sure to add the following URL as a package source: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=204820.
- Renamed the Add-Package command to Install-Package.
- Updated the NuSpec Format. The NuSpec format now includes the iconUrl field for specifying a 32x32 png icon
which will show up in the Add Package Dialog. So be sure to set that to distinguish your package.
The NuSpec format also includes the new projectUrl field which you can use to point to a web page that
provides more information about your package.
This build will not work with old nupkg files. If you get null reference exceptions, you're using an old nupkg file and
need to rebuild it with the updated
NuGet command line tool.
The following is a list of features and bugs that were fixed for NuGet CTP 2 (does not include bugs for minor code cleanups etc.).
- Error unpacking package assemblies when specifiying the TargetFramework for an assembly.
- Make NuPack Console window more discoverable
- ILMerge the nupack.exe release
- Better error/exception handling
- [Nupack.Core]: PackageManager should gracefully handle feed-related errors
- Need a new icon for the console
- Localize strings in the Dialog
- NuPack caches downloaded .nupack files in memory
- NuPack Console: Change the default shortcut for displaying console
- ProjectSystem should support default values for common properties
- Running nupack.exe in a folder with just one nuspec file should use that nuspec
- Project Menu Shows Up Even When No Project/Solution Is Loaded
- build.cmd fails on a clean clone of the codebase
- Updates available feature
- Dialog: Adding a package through the dialog removes the prompt in the console
- Adding a package by clicking 'Install' is often slow, with no visual feedback
- There is no way to discover which of my installed packages have updates.
- There is no way to update an installed package in the dialog.
- There is no way to uninstall an installed package in the dialog
- “Add Package Reference…” appears on the context menu of installed references
- After updating a package from the console, it shows both the old version and the new version as installed
- The activity in the console, when using the dialog, disappears after use
- Cleanup command line parsing in nupack.exe
- Add a friendly name to package sources
- Update NuSpec to support including package icons
- Feed UI doesn't allow copying the URL
- Better remove-package error handling.
- Typing in Console Window depends on cursor focus
- Error messages look awful
- The performance of Remove-Package for a package that isn't installed is bad
- Removing a package fails when there are no package sources
- Remove-Package fails when the package source is unavailable
- Add Title to the package metadata and the feed.
- Add the -Source parameter back to Add-Package
- List-Package should have a -Source parameter
- Update NuPack.Server to require NuPack User Agent To Download Package
- License Acceptance Dialog Must List Licenses For All Dependencies That Require Acceptance
- Log an error when a package throws in the feed
- NuPack.exe should not allow an empty <licenseurl>element
- Rename List-Package to Get-Package, Add-Package to Install-Package, and Remove-Package to Uninstall-Package
- Using the Add Package Reference menu item from the Solution Navigator crashes Visual Studio
- "Available package sources" label is missing a colon
- Make Nuspec xml element casing consistently camel cased
- The NuPack VSIX's manifest needs to turn on the 'admin' bit
- If you run List-Package with no feeds, you get null ref error
- NuGet.exe: specify destination path
- Powershell Errors Opening Package Management Console on WinXP
- VS Crashes while trying to load package list
- allow meta packages (no files, only dependencies)
- Convert Powershell Script to Powershell 2.0 Module
- PathResolver should discard path portion preceeding wildcard characters when target is specified
- No dependencies
- Error installing Elmah
- Config transforms don't work correctly with <configsections>
- The variable '$global:projectCache' cannot be retrieved because it has not been set
- Add MSBuild task for creating NuPack packages
- list-package needs to support searching/filtering
- Always display a link to license if the package author provides a license URL
- Occasional "Access Denied" exception with Remove-Package
- Unit Tests Failing: InvalidPackageIsExcludedFromFeedItems & CreatingFeedConvertsPackagesToAtomEntries
- Allow for a fallback/default set of files if a specfic framework version cannot be found
- Add Package Reference... UI cannot remove a package
- Add Package Reference crashes studio when one or more project is unloaded
- Config transform does not appear to work on web.debug.config file
- init.ps1 not firing on custom package
- When adding paths to the feedlist, the default button is set to OK, so if I press ENTER it automatically closes
- Attempt to uninstall a dependency will crash VS if attempted 2 times in a row
- Display the Project URL in the Add Package dialog
- Default the Add-Package dialog to Installed Packages
- Change Add Package Dialog menu item.
- Rename namespaces and assemblies
- Rename the NuPack Project to NuGet
- Add the following text under the list of dependencies
- Change the license acceptance text in the License Acceptance Dialog
- Change the text in the License Acceptance Dialog above the list of packages
- OData doesn't work with an fwlink URL
- Package Manager UI: Over aggressive caching of package count used for paging
- NuPack / NuGet -> Package Manager Console error
- Add Package Dialog shows License Acceptance For Already Installed Packaged
The following is a list of features and bugs that were fixed for NuGet CTP 1.